Personal Growth Intensives for Individuals and Couples
I hold therapy intensives for individuals and couples at my Institute in Colorado Springs, CO. If you are from out of town, I supply you with information on accommodations near my facility.
Colorado Springs is in the midst of some of the most beautiful natural scenery in the world. The climate and environment support the uplifting experiences of Barry’s Individual and Couple Therapy Intensives. Colorado Springs is a “destination” city offering an amazing menu of social, recreational, and environmental “retreat” resources.
I use self-healing tools that I’ve developed and tested in my own relationship and in my therapy intensives. I know very personally about the challenges of breaking free of dysfunctional family patterns and sustaining intimacy in long-term relationships. So, I humbly support and heartfully honor those who are willing to walk this rewarding path. What I am offering you at these retreats comes from what I’ve learned in my years of work with other individuals and couples in my counseling practice.
Surpassed our Expectations…
“Our time with Barry far surpassed our expectations. Through his open and giving approach, we were able to achieve a level of wholeness and understanding that has provided a life-long foundation for future growth. We came away with tools which we can apply as we continue our growth process and with new insight into how to deal with those triggering moments which have caused us so much pain in the past. Barry has the rare ability to translate theory into practice and concepts into reality. His life experience well equips him to meet anyone and everyone at their level of need. We could not have had better guides on our journey toward wholeness.”
– Sheila & Gene, Dayton, Ohio
You Are Not Stupid or Crazy . . . . Just Traumatized
In my individual and couple therapy intensives, I help you identify and might be replaying in your present-time conflicts. This aspect of my retreats help you connect the dots between addictive or self-destructive adult behaviors and dysfunctional family-of-origin patterns and unhealed childhood trauma, it is possible to change yourself and your life. I believe that people do what they do for a REASON—they are not stupid or crazy, they are just traumatized!
I use a variety of experiential self-help tools to help you identify your family patterns and locate the sources of Developmental Trauma. In my couple therapy intensives, I use an experiential diagnostic process that quickly shows how partners’ histories of individual Developmental Trauma interlock with each other. There is typically a symmetry between them that shows why they are “right” for each other. Once I help you identify this symmetry, I teach you specific tools for transforming your relationship at the deepest levels. Then I teach you how to use my self-healing tools to clear trauma-based behavior patterns so that you can take charge of your healing process.
Prior to the Personal Therapy Retreat:
I will email you a packet of forms and self-inventories to complete and return prior to arriving for your retreat. I use these to create a plan of action for your coaching sessions. They include:
- A “Personal Information Form” that provides a fairly extensive medical and psychological history.
- Several self-inventories that allow you to assess your current level of physical/emotional well being.
Therapy Intensive options:
- Individual Intensive: One person works with Barry
- Couple Intensive: Two people work with Barry
Typical individual/couple therapy intensive activities:
- An extensive intake of your family-of-origin and possible childhood abuse or neglect history.
- The completion of diagnostic self-inventories to help focus your work.
- The identification of your core patterns of Developmental Trauma from family-of-origin experiences.
- The identification of your personal style of conflict resolution.
- An experiential “sculpting” exercise to identify your sources of conflicts.
- The connection of past traumas with your intractable present-time conflicts.
- The identification of the interlocking aspects of your unresolved family-of-origin traumas in a couple. relationship.
- Learning tools that help you heal your own traumas and tools for helping heal each other’s traumas.
- The creation of a contract outlining your goals and activities for transforming the relationship
- The identification of your past traumas causing intractable present-time conflicts
- The identification of the interlocking aspects of your unresolved family-of-origin traumas
- Creating an exit “change plan” for integrating intensive experience into your everyday life
A typical daily therapy intensive schedule providing 6 to 8 hours of therapy:
Morning session: 3-4 hours
Lunch break: 2 hours
Afternoon session: 3-4 hours
At the beginning of each intensive, I discuss the schedule of the intensive with you and cooperatively plan both the activities and the meeting times to meet your needs. Couples may take longer lunch breaks to discuss and work independently on activities and then return to meet in the late afternoon and evening. I do not schedule other activities during your intensives so that I can focus exclusively on your needs.
Personal Growth Intensive fee structure:
$1,500 per day for individual therapy intensive services
$3,000 per day for couple intensives.
A $500 online booking fee reserves your intensive date on their calendar. The balance of your fee is due at the end of the intensive period.
Full cost is $1,500.
$1,000 Balance due at the end.
Full cost is $3,000.
$2,000 Balance due at end.