The ideas that have lighted my way have been kindness, beauty, and truth. Albert Einstein
Here are some suggestions for acts of kindness that you might consider doing.
1. When another driver is trying to enter traffic, smile and wave him/her to go ahead of you.
2. As you walk through your neighborhood, pick up any trash on the sidewalk or gutter.
3. Validate another person. Look for something you genuinely enjoy or appreciate about them and mention it. (their appearance, skills, something they did, something about their character that you admire)
4. Send a letter to someone you look up to, letting them know what a difference they have made in your life.
5. Treat the other person with respect, no matter who he/she is
6. Offer to tutor students or help them with their homework.
7. Say something encouraging to a friend who is feeling down.
8. Organize some friends to clan an elderly neighbor’s yard.
9. Put your shopping cart back in its appropriate place in the parking lot or store.
10. Volunteer at a soup kitchen, homeless shelter, school or nursing home.
11. Listen deeply when others are talking to you.
12. Give a weekly Kindness Award to someone in your family, school, church or workplace. Set up a process to select the winners.
13. Make a list of things you can do t bring more kindness into your family, neighborhood, school, workplace or community.
14. Hold a Kindness Party with your friends and ask each person to share kindness stories with each other.
15. Visit a neighbor with a bouquet of flowers for no reason at all.
16. Order a mail-order gift, anonymously, for a friend or someone at work who needs to be cheered up.
17. Dedicate a song on your local radio station to all those people who smiled at a stranger or were kind to strangers today.
18. Offer to help a neighbor by running an errand or for giving them a ride to the store.
19. Offer to baby-sit for your neighbor’s children to give them a break from parenting.
20. Ask family members to join you in spreading kindness in your family. Experiment with ways to spread kindness with each other for one week and notice how it affects family members.
21. If your neighbor leaves on la trip, offer to take in their newspaper and water their plants.
22. When someone new moves into the neighborhood welcome them to the neighborhood.
23. Shovel your neighbor’s sidewalk or now your neighbor’s lawn.
24. Give someone you know a great big hug.